Last night I remembered a song I really like and sang it to the kids. It's a song that gave me a lot of inspiration about 20 years ago. I think I especially like it because my great grandmother was named Fanny - we recently got in touch with some relatives here in Israel from her family. It's sung by the Judds - remember how great they were? I saw them in concert around 1990 I think.
Here are the lyrics. Hear it here.
A hundred year old photograph stares out from a frame / And if you'll look real close you'll see our eyes are just the same / I've never met them face to face but I still know them well / From the stories my dear grandma would tell
Elijah was a farmer he knew how to make things grow / And Fanny vowed she's follow him wherever he would go/ As things turned out they never left their small Kentucky farm/ But he kept her fed she kept him warm
They're my guardian angels I know they can see/ Every step I take they are watching over me / I might not know where I'm going but I'm sure where I come from / They're my guardian angels and I'm their special one
Sometimes when I'm tired I feel Elijah take my arm / He says keep a goin' hard work never did a body harm / And when I'm really troubled and I don't know what to do / Fanny whispers just do your best we're awful proud of you
They're my guardian angels I know they can see/ Every step I take they are watching over me / I might not know where I'm going but I'm sure where I come from / They're my guardian angels and I'm their special one
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment