I made a big mistake tonight when I started thinking about making dinner around 6 pm. We sat down close to 8 pm. However, since I sort of made this Passover recipe up myself, I figured I would share it.
A bunch of left over tilapia from last night occasioned these parve Pesach fish cakes:
Mash up a bunch of left over fish.
Peel, boil and mash about 3-4 potatoes.
Add salt, pepper, about 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, 1 tablespoon matzo meal, a teaspoon of mayonnaise, 1/2 teaspoon of mustard if you eat kitniyot, juice of 1/2 a lemon. Taste to correct seasonings. Then add one egg. Mix it all up.
To fry, make balls and roll them in matzo meal, then flatten them in the frying pan in hot olive oil. Cook it in a better frying pan than I have. Put the ones that are done in the oven until they are all cooked.
Serve with lemon, mayo, or whatever else you think will be good, and a big salad.
For chocolate toffee matzo to serve after, see this
For more Pesach recipes from me, see here
Hag sameach to all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment