Five people in my house went to sleep and I stayed up cleaning the fridge and realized:
After 16 years, I still sometimes miss being single. I don't miss the loneliness for one minute, but there are moments when I want just to go at my own pace and be alone with my house and the chances for this seem few and far between. Pesach cleaning needs a whole team I guess, but right now I want to do it alone.
I miss being young but I don't miss being stupid.
Glass shelves in the fridge clean up really nicely.
And eating dulce de leche with a spoon from the jar is probably the best way I know of to finish off a sugar free week or two. As good as it seemed like it would be :-)
A lot to be grateful for this season, starting with the five sleeping family members. Please take some time to hug the folks you love. And if you are single and wishing you weren't, take time to enjoy the parts I miss while you wait for what's coming. Someone told me this week, "the very fact that you want something means that it exists out there - all you have to do is find it."
If you haven't noticed, the clock on this blog is wrong. I'm posting it at 11:18 pm.
Hag sameach!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What else about being young is good, other than that entitlement to such sweet stupidity?
ReplyDelete