Thursday, April 1, 2010

Another Pesach dessert

So this is a combination of something I read in the paper but did not cut out and my mother's traditional almond pudding. I made it up basically. It came out VERY orangy and I would recommend cutting it down to one orange - I used 2 which is what was in the newspaper. The newspaper also had walnuts, which I don't like.

Take the orange (or oranges) - boil for 20 minutes with the peel on. Cut in quarters and remove seeds. Put it in the food processor and puree.

Separate 4 eggs. Mix the yolks with 1/2 cup sugar (or maybe a bit more, I did not use a measuring cup). Add 200 grams (that's about one cup) ground almonds - you could probably cut back on these also, but it was a good consistency.

Beat the egg whites until stiff. Fold into the egg yolk, orange, almond mixture. Put in a greased pan. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 F - I say bake it well, everyone told me to take it out of the oven sooner than I thought it was ready. My mom thought it would get too dry. I thought it was not dry enough.

Alen liked it a lot and did not think it was too orangy. My mom and I liked it but thought it could do with less orange. Gabi thought it was ok and Sasha would have none of it. Let me know if you make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment